2015 CONTEST NOW OPEN!
(FOR BOOKS PUBLISHED BETWEEN DECEMBER 1, 2014 AND NOVEMBER 30, 2015)
When it comes to marketing your self-published book, your cover is everything. It’s a flyer, a billboard, a trailer, all rolled into one… and it has to be just as compelling in its teeny tiny thumbnail version.
I was so excited about my Top 19 indie kids’ book covers that I decided to do it even bigger and better for 2015. Watch this space for details in the months to come. Literally, this space. Bookmark it and come back, as I will be updating this post once I know more.
To make this more about “great design” and less about “my opinion,” I’m bringing 3 other people on board to help judge the entries. I’ll also figure out a couple of great prizes (beyond exposure), for books we all absolutely love – probably the Top 5 entries.
(I will present the Top 20 entries on my site, with judges’ comments and links.)
- Christine Tripp (SCBWI, children’s illustrator)
- Dayne Sislen (SCBWI, children’s illustrator)
- 3rd judge TBD!!!
What are the prizes???
This is my first year doing this – hopefully, the first of many! – so I’m still rustling up some great prize ideas. I hope they’ll include a blog tour (on relevant blogs) and book-related services. Be sure to check back soon for more details!
Contest entry rules:Send your entry via email to Tzivia@writekidsbooks.org. I will acknowledge every entry received, so if you don’t get anything back from me, send it again.
Entry is free and open to writers worldwide.
Every entry must include:
- Front cover image in JPG format, at least 500 pixels wide.
- Back cover image in JPG format, at least 500 pixels wide. (print books only).
- Your full name.
- The name of your book (and book series, if applicable).
- The name of the cover designer and/or company who did the cover design.
- Publication date between December 1, 2014 and November 30, 2015 (as it appears on the book’s Amazon page).
- Amazon link where the book is currently available.
- Short author bio. (1-2 sentences only)
To enter, your book must be…
- Aimed primarily at readers 16 and under. (I may create separate categories for picture books and teens, depending on the number of entries.)
- Self-published by you between December 1, 2014 and November 30, 2015.
- Currently available for sale with that cover via Amazon.com as of when I write the post in December (if you switch covers, your entry will no longer be eligible).
You may only enter once for each book, but go ahead and submit multiple entries if you publish more than one book during the one-year eligibility period.
Please do NOT send your entire book. This contest is all about covers.
(If you’re looking for a contest that’s about the INSIDE of your book, check out The Gittle List 2015!)
If you’re not sure whether your book is eligible, just shoot me an email to ask!
I can’t wait to see what you can come up with this year!